Everything You Need To Know About The iPhone 7
iPhone 7 was the best device Apple made to date as claimed by the company and their many followers. It is widely favored by smartphone users due to its unparalleled design and features.
Apple introduced numerous functions and technologies with the iPhone 7 when they released it as their flagship phone in 2016. Here is your complete guide about the iPhone 7 to help you get to know it in detail.
iPhone 7 Release Date
Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook announced the arrival of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco on 7 September, 2016. These phones were subsequently released on September 16, 2016 for sale. A special edition red iPhone 7 was later announced on 21 March, 2017 named (PRODUCT)RED.
Apple – September Event 2016 [Video]
Design of the iPhone 7
Apple is known for its sleek and stylish designs and the iPhone 7 was the best in a long line of good-looking phones. The iPhone 7 took these design standards to a new level featuring a lighter, unibody design with just over 7mm thickness which feels seamless in the hand.
It came in standard options of Gold, Silver or Rose Gold colors along with a Jet Black color featuring a high gloss finish, the Beautiful Black color with matte finish and the newly added red color through the special edition iPhone, (PRODUCT)RED.
The iPhone 7 had a cleaner look and doesn’t have antenna bands spanning the back as in previous models. It also features an IP67 water resistant coating to prevent accidental damage which may be caused due to splashes and spills.
In place of the traditional physical home button, the iPhone 7 features a customisable pressure sensing solid-state button which Apple claim is more durable and responsive. The button is connected to a Haptic Engine for sensing pressure and delivering tactile feedback extremely precisely while pressing. Apple has taken another revolutionary step in design by eliminating the 3.5mm audio jack.
The iPhone 7 comes with wired EarPod earphones which are used with the lightning connector. You can also buy Apple AirPod wireless earphones as an accessory can be connected via Bluetooth for enjoying music. Don’t worry that your old headphones are redundant because you also get a 3.5mm jack converter cable in the box which can be used for connecting your old audio device.
iPhone 7 Features
The iPhone 7 comes with numerous improvements on previous models. The 7 uses two camera systems and Apple’s own image processor for delivering an excellent photographic experience.
- Rear-facing Camera: The iPhone 7 has a newly designed 28mm 12 Megapixel rear-facing camera for capturing wide angle photos with a wider aperture of f/1.8 with a 6 element lens. The camera also features a Portrait Mode for elegant portraits by creating a depth of field effect which was until now, only used in DSLR cameras to give a sharp face and blurred background. With the improved software, you can zoom optically up to 2X and digitally up to 10x, to capture photos and videos
- Front-facing Camera. It also features an additional 7 Megapixel front-facing camera for facetime and selfies
- Screen: The iPhone 7 comes with a 4.7 inch LED backlit screen and a resolution of 1,334 x 750 pixels at 326 ppi, also known as full HD. The iPhone 7 employs dual domain pixels for wider viewing angles while looking at the screen. It has a 25 percent brighter screen than the previous generation at 625 candelas per square meter. Paired with the wider color gamut, the screen produces rich images and true colors through the Retina HD display
- 3D Touch: It also features 3D touch Haptic touch response which has been integrated within the iOS to help the user interact with apps better
- A10 Processor Chip: The iPhone 7 comes with an A10 Fusion chip featuring faster processing speeds and more efficient power usage. The A10 Fusion chip claims to have twice the processor speed and thrice the graphics speed compared to iPhone 6 and the longest battery life in any iPhone. The CPU achieves this with the help of 4 cores among which two high performance cores help deliver the exceptional speed whereas the remaining two high efficiency cores help with longer battery life
- Improved Battery Life: By using one fifth of power in the 2 high-efficiency cores as compared to the high performance cores, the A10 processor delivers a longer battery life than the iPhone 7’s predecessors
- Stereo Speakers: The iPhone 7 also offers newly added stereo speakers for true stereo sound as compared to iPhone 6s which has only one speaker
- Storage: The iPhone 7 models come with storage capacities of 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB which should be more than enough for most needs
- Touch ID: iPhone 7 also has an enhanced TouchID technology which uses advanced fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone easily and securely.
The iPhone 7 also has advanced wireless and connection technologies and a wide range of helpful features such as oleophobic coating to resist fingerprints, Live photos, slow-motion recording at 60 fps, FaceTime HD camera etc.
Apple – Introducing iPhone 7 [Video]
iPhone 7 News
The iPhone 7 has constantly been in the news due to regular promotions and updates by Apple. The release of iOS 10.1 after only one month of the phone’s launch caused a major stir as it brought out the Portrait Mode with numerous other fixes which were not quite ready at the time of release.
Among other promotions and offers, iPhone 7 again garnered the attention of the tech world with the release of (PRODUCT)RED alongside the new Apple iPad. The shortage of iPhone 7 Jet Black colors made the news as it turned out harder to fulfill demand than the company expected.
Apple recently announced an investigation after getting various complaints of battery heating issues. It turned out that the problem was particularly with intensive gaming apps and shoud not affect most owners.
The release of iOS 11 will allow users to upgrade their iPhone 7 and get the latest upgrades. No doubt the iOS 11 update will plunge the iPhone 7 into the tech news once more.
Should You Buy The iPhone 7? [Video]
What Do People Love About the iPhone 7?
People love iPhones for a whole host of good reasons and the iPhone 7 adds even more points to the list, so is no different. It has already garnered a huge fanbase so will be around for a long time like most other iPhone models.
A number of people prefer using an iPhone 7 because it is aesthetically pleasing as well as being the lightest and thinnest iPhone so far. Other owners simply love the iPhone 7 because of its advanced technology such as the 3D touch and solid state home button.
The iPhone 7 is also loved because of it’s superior performance and and battery life which make it better for day-to-day and business use. On the other hand, Apple’s iOS 10 was also very popular because of the added functionality on the iPhone 7 hardware. Even if you are a simply photography buff, you will love this phone. The camera is amazing. It’s hardware and software is a perfect match for taking great photos time after time.