Everything You Need To Know About The All About The iPhone 6s
There are few phones in the market that are quite like the iPhone 6s, it was the flagship smartphone device for Apple and a real innovator of it’s day.
The iPhone 6s basically became the benchmark of Apple smartphones going forward, because it was the point where the design and features were harmonised in such a way that the iPhone was changed forever. I’m talking about 3D Touch, the haptic screen feedback. The iPhone 6s also featured a sleeker design with increased features.
The new features and iOS pretty much made the iPhone 6 model redundant after that. This is the main reason that you will not find the iPhone 6 on this website. So here is a detailed rundown of this worthy smartphone, still a top buy in my opinion. In fact, I still use one every day!
The iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus were announced and released on the same date. The announcement was made on the 9th of September, 2015. The announcement was made as the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco by Tim Cook, CEO of Apple.
The pre-orders of the two devices were to begin on September 12. The official release date of the two devices was on the 25th of September the same year. In the weekend the device was launched, over 13 million units were sold. Now we call that a success!
Apple - September Event 2015 [Video]
The design of the iPhone 6s is not quite the same as that of the iPhone 6. The exterior body is made almost completely out of aluminum. It needed to be stronger and more durable after iPhone 6 issues.
The 4.7 inch display is covered by an ion-X 250D glass. The phone is, however, slightly heavier than its predecessor. 14 grams to be exact. The reason behind this is credible though, you need to do all the extra “peek” and “poke” functions with your finger and that requires pressing the screen a little harder than normal. This is all because of the addition of the ForceTouch 3D Touch technology to the screen.
The 6s is Stronger Than It’s Predecessor
The top benefit of the iPhone 6s exterior is that Apple used series 7000 aluminum as opposed to the series 6000 aluminum that was used in the iPhone 6. The series 7000 is much stronger. This means that the phone is far less likely to get bent inside your pocket.
The glass protecting the display is ion-strengthened. It was much stronger than the glass found in other smartphones of its’ day. It is smudge free and promises maximum durability.
The bezels of the screen are quite thick, so the screen is hardy “end-to-end”. This is not a pretty feature and is hardly something to write home about. It is the same in the iPhone 6. However it did not come as surprise because Apple normally recycle the screen design of the previous model. That said the trade-in for a smaller screen area is strength, and it really is a tough screen.
Handling the iPhone 6s is a great experience. The phone is made of aluminum which offers the users a better grip. In addition to this, it also gives you that premium feel. It makes the owner feel the value of the phone. It was not cheap when it was released!
The rounded edges, although improving the looks drastically, compromise on grip. It is recommended that this phone is handled with extreme care. Or simply go and buy one of Apple’s silicone cases which take care of the slippery exterior.
iPhone 6S Review! [Video]
- Display: The iPhone 6s display is a little larger than that of the iPhone 6 at 4.7 inches. It is a Retina quality screen. The display is 750×1334 pixels. This translates to 35 ppi. It is an LED-lit LCD display that has an RGB matrix. However the display also has another trick up its sleeve, the display hides the ForceTouch technology. The display of the iPhone 6s offers you a deeper black than the iPhone 6. By design, this phone has a much reduced maximum brightness as compared to its predecessor. The maximum brightness levels that you can achieve in the iPhone 6s is 536 nits. And although this is not exactly an award winning brightness level, it is enough for the user to get by on. The contrast ratio offered by the 6s is -1481:1. In tests, the phone has demonstrated that it can be used seamlessly even in the brightest conditions. This means you can operate your iPhone 6s in the outside on the brightest days with little hassle.
- Battery life: The battery to the iPhone 6s has a capacity of 1715 mAh. It is a Lithium Polymer battery. It is also non-removable as has been the trend with all the Apple devices. The new operating system has introduced a low power mode. You can switch this on manually or it switches on automatically when your phone hits 20% to save on power. The battery has a long battery life and can last up to 62 hours which is better than the iPhone 6.
- Audio: The sound of the iPhone 6s is identical to the sound of the iPhone 6. It works well as a streaming device to bluetooth wireless speakers and wireless headphones. Audio had always been close to Apple founder, Steve Job’s heart and the iPhone 6s is a great place to store your music library for playing on any device.
- Camera: The main camera was given a 12MP resolution. The selfie camera also got upgraded to a 5MP resolution. As I use this phone every day I can vouch for the camera quality, which is rather amazing.
iPhone 6S – Complete Beginners Guide [Video]
iPhone 6s In The News
The main news right now is that, because there is a new apple device in town this iPhone 6s beauty is going to get cheaper. In general once a new iPhone is released then most UK Networks try to off-load their older models and slash the prices considerably. They need to encourage people to buy the new stock. So it’s going to be possible to pick up a real iPhone 6s bargain in the coming months.
Why people love the iPhone 6s
Siri, the personal assistant feature is “always on” in the iPhone 6s, whereas in previous models it was only available when the phone was on charge. This is a great feature for sending texts while driving or making hands-free calls. This was made possible by the M9 motion core processor.
The iPhone 6s is, and remains to be, one of the best smartphones ever released. The reasons are the numerous features it offers and the design that carries forward on to future iPhones.
There is no doubt that the innovative features of this smartphone make it among the best in the market. This is one of the reasons why the iPhone is always a favorite for many smartphone enthusiasts in different parts of the world.
I certainly love mine and won’t be changing any time soon!
Brief Specifications of the Apple iPhone 6s
Weight and Dimensions
- Height = 5.44 inches (138.3 mm)
- Width = 2.64 inches (67.1 mm)
- Thickness = 0.28 inch (7.1 mm)
- Weight: 5.04 ounces (143 grams)
Retina HD display with 3D Touch
- 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Retina HD display with 3D Touch
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Full sRGB standard
- Dual-domain pixels for wide viewing angles
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Display Zoom
A9 chip with 64-bit architecture with Embedded M9 motion co-processor
- New 12-megapixel iSight camera with 1.22µ pixels
- Live Photos
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Optical image stabilization (iPhone 6s Plus only)
- True Tone flash
- Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
- Auto HDR for photos
- Exposure control
- Burst mode
- Timer mode
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR filter
- Backside illumination sensor
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Auto image stabilization
- Improved local tone mapping
- Improved noise reduction
- Face detection
- Photo geotagging
- 4K video recording (3840 by 2160) at 30 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Optical image stabilization for video (iPhone 6s Plus only)
- True Tone flash
- Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilization
- Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Improved noise reduction
- Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback zoom
- 3x zoom
- Face detection
- Video geo-tagging
- FaceTime HD Camera
- 5-megapixel photos
- 720p HD video recording
- Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores and within apps
- Receive and redeem rewards using rewards cards
Please go ahead and leave a comment below and let us know your own experiences of the iPhone 6s and the best iPhone 6s deals that you have come across so far.